Grilled Dover Sole
Grilled Dover Sole with Garlic Greens, Chips & Purple Sprouting Broccoli
1 huge potato, chipped (Kent Veg Box)
2 handfuls of purple sprouting broccoli (Kent Veg Box)
2 handfuls of chopped greens (Kent Veg Box)
1/2 onion (Kent Veg Box)
1/2 leek (Kent Veg Box)
3 large garlic cloves (Greensmiths)
1/2 lemon (Supermarket)
2 whole Dover sole (Dungeness Fish)
Gluten free plain flour (Doves Farm)
Salt + Pepper
- Pre-heat grill, wash the fish and flour and season and lay on a lightly greased grill pan, skin side up.
- Heat an inch of oil in a large pan on a high heat.
- Start to steam your purple sprouting broccoli.
- Place your chips into the oil turning every couple of minutes for an even cook.
- Place your fish under the grill and leave for 5-6 mins turning over and cooking the other side for a minute or two if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a third pan, heat a little oil and add your garlic, onion and leek. Once softened add the greens and heat heat and stir until soft and vibrant in colour. Season.
- Drain the chips and serve it all simply with a lemon wedge.
This is an extremely quick and simple recipe, but with good quality fish and a lot of flavour to tickle your mouth sensors. It went down well with both myself and Alex (even if I did leave the head on), and the garlic greens were particularly yummy. Nothing but bones and fish heads left to go in the compost collection.
I'm sorry I don't weigh my ingredients, but a bit of common sense should suffice. For portion sizing, this is a rather well-balanced plate with the largest part of the meal being made up by vegetables, so a pretty nutritious dish as well as being scrumptious!
I also need to invest in a decent camera and learn some photography skills, as it definitely looked much prettier in person and less like lackluster, homemade, pornographic mobile phone shots.