Breakfasts Without Bacon; Getting Figgy With It
So, I haven't bought bacon for over a month and I'm not even missing it. There is less and less meat in our house these days and no one seems to have noticed, so shhh...don't tell anyone. I still find breakfast difficult unless there are eggs to hand, in fact I feel completely lost if there aren't eggs in my house no matter what the time of day. Thankfully I stumbled across some lovely fresh figs the other day and breakfast was saved! You're all probably aware of the great combination of figs and ricotta, and this is basically all that this is, but I want to make sure that when you are assembling these great ingredients that you don't forget to season them. Yes, I have just asked you to salt and pepper fruit and honey, but trust me, it's for the best, you won't know why you haven't before.
Getting Figgy With It
4 fresh figs
6- 8 tsp ricotta
4-6 tsp honey
salt & pepper
- Halve those figs.
- Dollop 3-4 tsp of ricotta into a clean bowl (I know what you mucky lot are like)
- Lay your figs in a provocative way on top of the ricotta and drizzle over 2 or 3 tsp of honey, depending on how sweet your tooth is
- Season with a good sprinkling of rock salt and a few fresh grinds of pepper. Do not skip this step. If you do fairies will steal all of your forks.
- Take pictures of your bowl and then rush to tell people how to assemble figs and ricotta using visual aids.
- Try and tackle your figs using one of the teaspoons you used for dolloping and drizzling, it may even make you eat more slowly you greedy moo.